5. Competition procedure
The competition is held in three nominations: "Saxophone", "Clarinet", "Ensemble".
The competition will be held from March 29 to April 4. The exact schedule of the competition will be provided after all applications are processed.
Participants of the Competition are given time for acoustic rehearsal on the competition site for no more than 5 minutes according to the previously agreed schedule.
The exact rules of the Competition will be brought to the attention of the participants after processing all received applications, no later than March 1, 2022. The participants arrive at the competition with their concertmaster. The Organizing Committee of the competition can provide an accompanist on a paid basis upon prior request from the participant.
To carry out the preparatory work and monitor compliance with this Regulation, an organizing committee is formed, which includes the founders and members of the jury.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right not to consider an application submitted in a form that does not comply with Annex 1 to this Regulation and / or in violation of the deadline specified in the Regulation.
5.3. Age groups:
- Junior group A — up to and including 9 years of age;
- Junior group B — from 10 to 13 years inclusive;
- Middle group — from 14 to 17 years inclusive;
- Senior group – from 18 to 29 years inclusive;
- No age restrictions. The following ensembles are allowed: saxophonist ensemble, clarinetist ensemble, classical wind ensemble, classical woodwind ensemble.
The age of the participants is determined on the first day of the contest — March 29, 2022.
5.4. Order of performances:
- The order of performance of participants is determined by age categories.
- Auditions are held in public.
The order of performance of pieces in the competition program is determined by the participant and indicated in the application.
5.5. Program requirements
Read full information about the program on saxotone.ru/program
The Organizing Committee provides the necessary musical material for the mandatory piece of the senior group.
Time limits of the competition program:
- Junior group A — no more than 10 minutes.
- Junior group B — no more than 10 minutes.
- The Middle group — no more than 15 minutes.
- Senior group — no more than 30 minutes.
No more than 20 minutes.
- Junior group A — no more than 15 minutes.
- Junior group B — no more than 15 minutes.
- The Middle group — no more than 20 minutes.
- Senior group — no more than 30 minutes.
5.6. Evaluation criteria for competitive auditions
- quality and culture of performance;
- technical complexity of the program;
- expressiveness of performance;
- individual of performance;
- the originality of the program;
- compliance of the content of the performed piece with the age of the performer.
The organizers of the competition place the total scores of the participants. The scores from the records of the jury members are not published or disclosed.
5.7. Jury of the Competition
The jury evaluates the performances of the competition participants in each category and age group separately. The voting of the jury members takes place at the end of the performance of all the participants. The results are recorded in the evaluation sheets.
The Jury has the right to:
- award the Grand Prix, the titles of the laureate;
- not all awards and diplomas should be awarded;
- award diplomas to the best concertmasters and teachers;
- establish additional special, incentive prizes and diplomas.
- stop the performer if he has exceeded the time limit.
- refuse to listen to a participant whose program does not correspond to the program specified in the application for participation in the competition.
- the competition jury reserves the right not to comment on the results.
The members of the jury must:
- submit their scores in an individual evaluation sheet;
- sign individual and final evaluation sheet;
The performances of the participants are evaluated according to the 100-point system.
Tour scores are not added together.
In order to avoid a conflict of interest, the jury members do not award points to the competition participants representing the educational institutions where the jury members are currently employees. As well as having any family ties with the participants.
In the case of an equal number of points in the summing up of the results, the exclusive right to vote belongs to the head of the jury.
The decision of the jury is final and not subject to revision, if it does not contradict the Regulations.